Thursday, January 04, 2007

TEMPLATE TIP!!!

Have you found that some templates made as separate png files in programs other than DIP/DIS run S L O W L Y when filling with paper in DIP/DIS??
I have found a solution that seems to be working well so far (touch wood.)

Open a new canvas in DIP.
Drag the first png layer onto the canvas and centre.
Now........here's the trick!
FLATTEN this layer.
Now drag the next layer onto the canvas, centre and FLATTEN.
Notice how the marching ants are now only around the shape and not
the whole canvas.
Repeat with each layer.
You can now close the png files from the Files Palette.
Now fill each layer with papers/photos.

I have used this method with several templates and it seems to be working well.

Another tip: If the bottom layer that comes with the separate png files is just a
full 12x12 to act as the background, don't use that layer. Just drag a digi paper
onto your pieced together template and drag it to the bottom. I have also
found this to be of help because it takes less memory to do that than filling a
12x12 shape with paper.

Let me know if you find the same difference as I did.

Kim

Comments on "TEMPLATE TIP!!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/05/2007 2:25 AM) : 

Thanks, Kim. I haven't played around with other templates much, but I have made a note of your method so I won't forget!

Cindy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/05/2007 5:12 AM) : 

Thank you so much for this tip! This has been driving me crazy, especially if there are more than 10 layers. I can't wait to see if this helps.
THank you, thank you!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/08/2007 3:45 PM) : 

Love using your DIP layered templates. I think I've bought them all!!! Thanks for all the freebies on your site. Was browsing through---is the birthday book still available???
Thanks again!!
Teri

 

Blogger Pooh Bear said ... (1/12/2007 6:26 PM) : 

Thanks Kim,
And thank you for the tutorials. I had printed a few out and just hadn't got down to reading them. I've always been a "if all else fails.. read the manual" person. And it has worked well for me. Then I read one of your tut's and wow, it opened up a whole new world. Some things that struggled with... are now so easy. I can't thank you enough......

 

post a comment
Top DigiScrap Blogs